A500.5.1.RB Critical Thinking
As I reflect on my thinking since I have started this course, I suppose it has changed. Though I must admit, it hasn't changed very much. The ways in which it has changed is that I am aware that I need to be aware of the way I think. I now question my quick judgments and run them through a list of questions to ensure my conclusions are not simply the offspring of bias and a train of thought that I've developed over the years.
That being the case, if there is one technique or concept I have internalized, it is meta-cognitive thinking. This is the ability to "think about what one is thinking about". Since starting this course, I have been able to do just that. Rather or not that continues after the course, remains to be seen- Though I sincerely hope it not only continues, but improves.
What will it take to make lasting, positive changes in the way you think? That is a question that I should take serious time out to consider. I know that, "nothing changes if nothing changes", and in my life I am wanting so badly to experience some sort of change. Some sort of break through! Perhaps it will take some posted notes, reminders all around the house to remind me to challenge my thinking- To stop and not make rash or quick decisions. Perhaps it will require my to dig deep into a spiritual level for the strength to make the changes I desire a reality. At this point in my life, I honestly have no answer for this question that I myself am satisfied with- Except the answer that I realize I've a need for a lasting, positive change in my life.
As I reflect on my thinking since I have started this course, I suppose it has changed. Though I must admit, it hasn't changed very much. The ways in which it has changed is that I am aware that I need to be aware of the way I think. I now question my quick judgments and run them through a list of questions to ensure my conclusions are not simply the offspring of bias and a train of thought that I've developed over the years.
That being the case, if there is one technique or concept I have internalized, it is meta-cognitive thinking. This is the ability to "think about what one is thinking about". Since starting this course, I have been able to do just that. Rather or not that continues after the course, remains to be seen- Though I sincerely hope it not only continues, but improves.
What will it take to make lasting, positive changes in the way you think? That is a question that I should take serious time out to consider. I know that, "nothing changes if nothing changes", and in my life I am wanting so badly to experience some sort of change. Some sort of break through! Perhaps it will take some posted notes, reminders all around the house to remind me to challenge my thinking- To stop and not make rash or quick decisions. Perhaps it will require my to dig deep into a spiritual level for the strength to make the changes I desire a reality. At this point in my life, I honestly have no answer for this question that I myself am satisfied with- Except the answer that I realize I've a need for a lasting, positive change in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment